St. Lawrence Catholic School was established in 1931-32. in its beginnings, St. Lawrence was staffed by the Sisters of St. Dominic - Adrian, and remained so until the early 1970s. Classes were offered in grades one through eight.
The school year of 1953-54 marked the opening of the senior high school. A new building was erected for this secondary school. A portion of this new structure housed the upper grades of the elementary school while the lower grades remained in the original school and church. This original building was raised several years ago. The school year of 1970-71 marked the end of St. Lawrence High School. The following year brought the entire elementary school together when all grades now occupied the newer building.